"Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel."



The quote is from Socrates!

I realize that I have not blogged in some quite time.  One year to be exact! Despite promising myself that I will regularly update my blog,  I have not delivered on that promise.  Anyhow, let's move on to a bigger thing than my excuse for failing to update the blog.

As of last month, I have started a Master's of Public Health program at the University of Florida.  My concentration is in Public Health Practice.  I am currently taking two interesting courses.  While the first course is "Pubic Health Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Response for Humans and Animals", the second course is "Psychological, Behavioral, and Social Issues in Public Health". 

I have to tell you that juggling a family, a full time job and taking two graduate courses is exactly a walk in the park; however, my drive and interest in public health has been the fuel I needed to discipline myself in order to attain my goal.

Comments

Popular Posts