A Historian at Heart

Truth to be told, I have always been fascinated by history.  To be more specific, I find Tigrayan history very appealing as that is where my roots come from.

Tigrayan history has not been studied despite its rich heritage.  There has been a systemic attempt to minimize Tigrayan contribution to the foundation of Ethiopia.    I won't get in too much into that as that itself requires thorough research to investigate and understand how cultural oppression in Ethiopia has contributed to the narration of a single story.

n my journey to understand modern Tigrayan history, I am fascinated by two remarkable historical figures of the 1800s.  Their names are Emperor Yohannes IV and his famous general Rasi Alula Abba Nega.  Sadly, the available literature on these two significant men is minute compared to their significant place in Tigrayan history.

Moving forward, I will be documenting my journey of researching and learning about these two great men.
                         Source:



Comments

Popular Posts